Thing 23:Next steps

As I said at the beginning of the 23 things digital badges I am a finisher

When I began these 23 things digital badges I said I was going to finish them and today is that day. Yippee, I feel accomplished.I began this journey in October so it has taken me 7 months to complete them but its not about how long it took it is about what I have learned.
Looking back at my self assessment in Thing 3 I scored myself-Capability 3,Confidence 3 and Relevance 3.So I felt I was really average and had a long way to go for improvement .

Today I reflected on how far I had come and what skills I have gained. I now feel I score this:


I scored myself 13.That is an increase of 4 marks. All areas have improved especially my capability,I would not have been able to do the Eco schools collation of resources if I hadn't done these badges and increased my digital learning.I have enjoyed doing the badges through E-learning and nobody put pressure on me to complete these badges except myself.People at work now ask me things about SSSC badges and digital questions which I find amusing when I look back to were I was in October when I put the wrong link on my first blog.

As I enjoyed learning in this way I plan to go on and do more SSSC badges such as Mentoring for early learning and childcare services and Engaging with children and young people.This involves eBooks and apps which is something I knew nothing about at the beginning of my 23 things digital journey. 
I have promoted 23 things in my workplace to help others benefit from this type of learning.I still don't feel I could develop a 23 things resource for my organisation but you never know.

I have requested my evaluation survey from sssclearningtech@sssc.uk.com and once I receive this I will complete the 23 things survey as required. As the SSSC badges are very busy just now this can take up to two weeks for me to receive. 
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 18 Social Media #2

Thing 20:Collaboration

Thing 21:Digital Legacy