1.Blogging A little about me



Ok so here goes. A little about why I'm sitting on a Sunday afternoon in front of a computer. I don't like computers and I shy away from them at work. I would rather tell my colleagues face to face that I can make that meeting at 3PM or read through a paper copy of the report on development rather than an online copy. Computers give me the fear and I always seem to end up like the image above each time I sit in front of one. This fear has been noted by others so I thought Id take control of my fear and challenge myself to complete the SSSC23 Digital Capacities. So let the journey commence.

I have never blogged in my life or even kept a diary so this whole experience is a little weird to me. The only social media I actively take part in are Facebook (to stay in contact with family) and Instagram.I enjoy posting pictures of my holidays and giving that wee ❤to pictures that the people I follow take.

So a little about myself  I have worked in childcare for 23 years (so now you can all guess what age range I fall into).I am a married mum of twin girls who have grown up and moved out and a gran to a two year old granddaughter. I enjoy concerts, holidays and having fun.

I want to take part in the SSSC23 digital capacities badges to make myself more competent in using a computer. I would like to achieve what some find are simple things for example to send an E-mail to others who are not in my address book or saving my PPDS online and not writing it down. This makes it neater and is also better for the environment as less paper is used. I would like to complete all 23 badges, I guess that's the completer in me. I don't know how achievable this will be for me but I hope to achieve this, even if I need to ask others for help. I am going to  give it my all. I didn't know what or how to get  my URL website  address for this blog so I have learned something new today. The other thing I have learned today is how to tag this blog so that the SSSC can band them all together for ease of access. So you can learn old dogs new tricks.

So I have tried my hands at blogging and once I started typing the words came easily enough to me. I am now going out for a walk as its a lovely day and I think I should leave the computer whilst I look like this .
                              
P.S I had actually added the wrong URL in my E-mail to SSSC but as I said I am new to this and everyday is  a school day 🤣🤣🤣


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 18 Social Media #2

17:Open Educational Resources

Thing 21:Digital Legacy