Thing 20:Collaboration

For Thing 20:Collaboration I was to contribute to a shared document, take part and set up a poll and then blog about my experience. Firstly I was to contribute to a shared document on either Padlet or Google Docs. The purpose of these documents is to build a bank of advice for future 23 Things participants.Firstly to get access to these documents I had to email sssclearningtech@sssc.uk.com to be sent a link. I sent a email for both Padlet and Google Docs and received the activation links within 1 hour. I began by going into Google Docs which was easy to navigate around and easy to put my comments on.I commented on 3 questions on this document.

I then had a look at Padlet which I thought looked nicer than Google Docs but a little harder to put on my posts. I added a post but then realised I hadn't signed in so I signed in and then added another post. Then I played about with the document for a bit and was able to jazz up what I had written by making a bookmark from it. 

Here is a link to Padlet and what I contributed: 

My Padlet contributionMy bookmark from Padlet.
I'm not sure if I would use these documents again. There wasn't a lot of information on them but maybe that would change if more people continued to do the 23 things digital badges.

For part two of the badge I was to set up a poll.Doodle was recommended for this ,another app that I hadn't heard of.When I went into register for Doodle it wanted access to my google account and for me to allow it to see and download my contacts as well as to view and edit all of my calendars.I was not willing to share this so instead I set up a poll on my Twitter account and shared the link on my Facebook account.Here is a link to the poll https://twitter.com/maryanne0290/status/1258718600678031360?s=09.I did my poll on what people are missing with the current lockdown we are in.I have never put a poll on any of my accounts before but I felt it was straight forward to do.

I was also to contribute to a future topics 23 things poll but the link told me that no poll exists. https://doodle.com/poll/uza4nfvhnnwpaygm.

The advantages about working collaboratively online is you get other peoples ideas and experiences. You will hear about stuff that you didn't know about such as resources within your practice.

The disadvantages about working collaboratively is everything you hear ,see will not be true.You may then pass this information on thinking its accurate and it may not be. 




 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 18 Social Media #2

Thing 21:Digital Legacy