Thing 18 Social Media #2

I began this badge by looking at https://www.theguardian.com/social-care-network/2014/jul/10/social-care-social-media-digital-tools which is an old article from 2014.It looks at what is holding the sector back and states that " while social services may not have their own Twitter accounts, increasingly the people that lead them do".I  would agree that in 2014 our sector didn't have its own media presence but that has changed over the years,especially over the last few months.It probably was out of fear of data protection  and confidential issues but that has been overcome now with a more different concern. How can we reach these parents and children ? My organisation always had a Facebook page open to the public and sought permission from parents what childrens pictures could go on it.It also has a friends of page which is a locked group for parents to talk and discuss things. It now has a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and staff members on LinkedIn. We are telling stories and doing lessons on YouTube and Zoom and our media presence has been put to a priority group to get a bigger media presence for now and the future.

I follow SSSC on many platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook I did not know about Audioboom so I had a look. It seemed just like Instagram to me .Lots of pictures, colourful and celebrating achievement. I'm not sure I would really look at this much though. The platform I like using SSSC on the most is Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 20:Collaboration

Thing 21:Digital Legacy