2.Open Badges SSSC2 Things Digital





So todays challenge is to write a blog post reflecting my thoughts regarding Open Badges and their potential as a way of demonstrating professional development.


Here goes :

As stated  in my first blog https://sssc23challenge.blogspot.com/2019/10/my-first-blog-sssc23-digital-challenge.html I am taking part in the SSSC badges to help me further my knowledge  and understanding on how the digital world works. By doing the 23 Things Digital  badges I am developing my skills by  working on real problems that I have (I am a computer amateur) and whilst I am doing the badges I am challenging myself as I am no longer in my comfort zone.I am having to think of new ways to respond to people and not face to face which I am more comfortable with. Completing the badges will help me plug the gaps in my computer skills and as I complete more badges I will have a portfolio of how far I have come since starting with the SSSC23 Digital badges. This will improve my job performance as I am keeping up with technology, improve my computer skills by putting them into practice both at home and at work. I will be developing my relationship with my manager as she can assess and provide feedback on my learning as well as give support to me if I need it. Whilst completing the tasks I am reflecting on my learning  and understanding new ways  to apply these new skills in the workplace so I feel that the badges are very worthwhile in doing .I gain certificates to link all the assessment evidence together and this would help me both in the job I am presently doing or in a possible career change.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 18 Social Media #2

17:Open Educational Resources

Thing 21:Digital Legacy